What is User Power
HyperSpace rewards top contributing members based on their user power. Those effort posts which help define the community? The people who take time out of their day to share their knowledge and insight with you? Their user Power increases, allowing them to receive a greater share of the AMPs flowing through the Space.
How is User Power Calculated
The User Power score is updated every time an engagement event occurs involving the user within a given Space.
Actions that attract new users to the group carry even more weight as they contribute to the group’s expansion.
User Power increases if you:
- Post content that gets Amplified by other users
- Amplify a post that gets re-Amplified by others
- Share a post outside of HyperSpace that motivates a new user to join HyperSpace and Amplify that post (this is called being a distributor)
In the future, other actions signaling contributions to the Space will be taken into account, such as user comments being Amplified.
Each Space’s top contributors are rewarded with AMPs that are allocated to the Space itself:
- 10% of the amount in the Space stream is given to the Space admins. It is split evenly between them.
- 90% of the amount in the Space stream is split between the top 10 group contributors, ranked according to “User Power”:
The highest ranking user gets 25%
The 2nd highest ranking user gets 20%
The 3rd gets 15%
The 4th gets 12%
The 5th gets 8%
The 6-10 get 4% each
In the future, this allocation will be governed by smart contracts; Space creators will be able to define the specific numbers for their Space, as well as different governance models, potentially making their Spaces more appealing and competitive in this manner.
All numbers are subject to change as we experiment with and shape HyperSpace forming economy. AMP on!